Welcome to the Award of Courage
The Award of Courage Corporation in a non-profit organization dedicated to raising funds to support Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center, and in particular its Department of Surgery. With funds raised, the Department of Surgery will conduct critical research and train Board Certified Fellows, so that they may in turn save lives.
One of the nation's preeminent centers for cancer treatment, research and education, Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center plays a leadership role in defining the standard of care for people with cancer. More than 15 years ago, under the guidance of doctors at MSKCC, David Gorin fought cancer and survived. David and his wife, Monica, established the Award of Courage Dinner & Auction to benefit ...the Center and to raise funds for the department of Surgery. Proceeds from this Event enable the Department of Surgery to award young fully-trained general surgeons a one-year surgical oncology fellowship and underwrite research efforts to safely and quickly translate laboratory discoveries into patient care. The Award of Courage Dinner & Auction features live and silent auctions and the presentation of a Humanitarian Award.
|Past recipients of the Award of Courage include:
- Mookie Wilson
- Mike Richter
- Don Nelson
- Ottis Anderson
- Howard Cross
- Phil McConkey
- David Cone
- Larry Doby
- Keith Hernandez
- John McEnroe
- Earl Monroe
- Dave DeBusschere
- Walt Frazier
- Y.A Tittle
- Gerry Cooney
- Larry Holmes
- Johnny Blanchard
- Ahmad Rashad.
|Past recipients of the Humanitarian Award include:
- "Cousin Brucie" Morrow, American Radio Personality
- Edwin Sirlin, Vice President, Citibank
- Louis Salvatore, Managing Partner, Arthur Andersen LLP
- Craig Matthews, Vice Chairman and COO, KeySpan Corporation
- Harvey & Jonathan Schultz, The Schultz Organization
- Bill Gallo, Cartoonist and Newspaper Columnist, New York Daily News
- Michael Mitschele, CEO, US Concrete
- Roy Reardon, Partner, Simpson Thacher & Bartlett LLP
- Rick Schottenfeld, General Partner of Schottenfeld Associates
- Steven M. Schultz, The Schultz Organization
- Alan Raylesberg, Partner Chadbourne & Parke LLP
- Gary Green, CEO, Alliance Building Services
- Andrew Mathias, President, SL Green Realty Corp.
- Jerry Zaro, Sills Cummis & Gross P.C.